APA Professional Development: SWF Design Discussion panel and bookings now for June/July
SWF Design Discussion panel:18 May at Wharf Two from 10–11am.
The annual free Book Design Discussion Panel on the morning after the Book Design Awards comes to you again from the Sydney Writers Festival and APA PD. Come and bring friends, designers and publishing colleagues to this now annual event for the design community and book lovers of all types.
- Copyediting Essentials: A Practical Approach to Developing and Refining Your Copyediting Skills Melbourne only, starting 12 June.
A step by step guide to copyediting by Emmet Stinson, Lecturer, (Publishing and Communications, Uni Melb), Editor, Writer and President of SPUNC. Run over 4 consecutive Tuesday afternoons: 12, 19, 26 June and 3 July 2012 from 2– 5pm. with afternoon refreshments included.
This course is best suited for those working in a junior editorial role, or those looking to enter such positions, with a focus on editing general fiction and non-fiction for trade publishing houses.
Investment? For 4 afternoons - APA members: $540 inc GST with priority booking until 18 May. Soc of Eds: $595 inc GST [tax deductible]; non-members $680 [tax deductible].
- Excellent eBooks: The Essentials. Sydney Tues 5 June and Melbourne Tues 12 June. A ‘how to’ guide for production of quality eBooks, suitable for anyone involved in ebook/digital content workflow. Melbourne has limited places still available. $380 APA members; $410 Society of Editors/IPEd members; $495 non-members.
- Defining the New Marketing Mix: Making Every $ Count. Sydney 5 July and Melbourne 10 July. Keynote speakers from outside the industry and a host of industry experts provide their insights to successful book marketing and promotion in a changing environment, with attention to appropriate strategies for different sizes of publishers. $395 APA members; $495 non-members.
- Fixed Up Proper Way? Editing Indigenous content and working with Indigenous editors. 24 July (Melb) and 26 July (Syd) tbc. Supported by the Literature Board, Australia Council for the Arts. Facilitated by Janet Hutchinson with guests to be confirmed. Information sheet available now for your planning. Registrations open soon.
- Contact Dee Read email@example.com or Sebastian Abjorensen firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries, to show interest in any future courses, to offer suggestions or to be added to the distribution list for information.