The shortlist for this year’s Inky Awards for young adult literature, presented by the Centre for Youth Literature at the State Library of Victoria, has been announced.
The shortlisted Australian titles for the Gold Inky are:
- Shift (Em Bailey, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- Night Beach (Kirsty Eagar, Penguin)
- Act of Faith (Kelly Gardiner, HarperCollins)
- Queen of the Night (Leanne Hall, Text)
- The Reluctant Hallelujah (Gabrielle Williams, Penguin).
The shortlisted international titles for the Silver Inky are:
- BZRK (Michael Grant, Egmont Books)
- The Fault in Our Stars (John Green, Penguin)
- Why We Broke Up (Daniel Handler, Hardie Grant Egmont)
- A Monster Calls (Patrick Ness, Walker Books)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Laini Taylor, Hodder).
To see the titles longlisted for this year’s awards, click here.
The winners of this year’s Inky Awards will be announced on 23 October at the State Library of Victoria. Readers aged between 12 and 20 have until 14 October to vote for their favourite titles on the Inside A Dog website.
The shortlists for this year’s awards were selected by author James Moloney, reviewer and blogger Danielle Binks, and four teenage judges.
More information about the Inky Awards can be found online here.